One evening Stew and I went out to lift up the half-ripened pumpkin and place a piece of plywood underneath, to lessen the chances of it rotting. (I had read this would help; now I am skeptical!) As he lifted it, we heard it snap off the vine! We were so upset. We went inside and quickly googled "how to ripen pumpkin off the vine".
It turns out that you just need to leave it in the sun. One half was orange already, the other was greenish-white. We left it for about 3-4 weeks, and it did eventually all turn orange. Hurray!
A couple days ago we decided to finally cut and cook the monster pumpkin.
![]() |
| our kids, giving some perspective as the the size of it |
![]() |
| each piece was about a foot long - it filled our kids table |
![]() |
| I had 4 trays full of pumpkin pieces! |
![]() |
| for perspective: one piece in a standard 8-10" frying pan |
Hello, pumpkin pie!!!




How do you have the time. I only have 1 1/2 kids and cooking dinner seems like an accomplishment :)
ReplyDeleteSo great!! Halle and Micah look so happy and proud.
ReplyDelete