It's true. I'm still pregnant. I'm now 8 days "overdue". It's such a silly term, because babies come when they are ready, not on some arbitrary date, but still. The passing of the "due date" makes it hard to keep waiting patiently!
Today I'm going for another ultrasound. This one is routine and simply because I am overdue. They also will do a non-stress test (which I did every other day for 6 weeks when I was on bedrest with Halle). As long as both results are good, I get to keep on waiting. I'm feeling confident all is well - the midwife thinks the fluid around baby is good, and that's one of the primary things they are checking with ultrasound. And I am still feeling baby moving lots, so I think the NST results will also be good. Just need to go and check in and reassure our medical system that I am not a walking medical emergency because I am past my "due date".
Once again (for the third time this pregnancy) I feel like today would be a great day to have the baby, specifically because of the date. Micah was born November 23, Halle was July 24, and so a baby born January 25 would fit nicely into the family pattern and help me keep the dates straight! Also, it is a Friday so it would give Stewart a couple days to spend at home with our family without having to take time off work - another bonus to a January 25th baby. Any prayers that our baby comes before midnight tonight would be very welcome. :)
--
P.S. Both tests today went well and all results are good. The waiting continues...
Today would be perfect! Will pray:)
ReplyDelete