Monday, December 24, 2012

home free

On Friday I had my final ultrasound with the perinatalogist.  Along with the beautiful sight of precious little toes and chubby cheeks, came the wonderful news that all is well.  Both baby and I are healthy and show no signs of complications from the antibody I have.  I am now over 36 weeks pregnant, and I don't need to see the perinatalogist again.  Praise God!!!  I really want to make it to at least 37 weeks (which is this Thursday) then the baby can come anytime.  No signs of labour yet, so I don't think it will be a problem to make it to Thursday.  :)  With my medical history it seems like such a miracle that I will (probably) make it to term without complications.  I am so thrilled.  Especially when I think back to the initial diagnosis of the antibody, when we thought my care might get transferred to the women's hospital an hour away... and here I am, almost 37 weeks with a healthy baby in utero and no signs of the antibody.  Thank you, Jesus!

It's also crazy to think that technically I could be pregnant for another month!  Since Halle was born early (35 weeks) it already seems like I must be overdue... and I haven't even reached term yet (37 weeks).

I am still at risk of developing cholestasis, and will be until this baby is born.  We'd appreciate your continued prayers that I remain healthy and my liver does too.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! We look forward to hearing news of Baby #3's arrival.

    ReplyDelete