Wednesday, August 1, 2012

best doctor appointment ever.

Thank you so much, everyone who joined us in prayer for our baby regarding the antibody I developed

Today Stew and I went to see the specialist, and have good news.  After he looked at Stew's bloodwork, the doctor told us that the antibody is of no concern at all.  Stew doesn't have it, so although I do, he says the baby will not have it, because it is passed through the father.  He also concluded that I must have gotten the antibody when I had a blood transfusion after Micah was born, and it took until now to show up in my blood work.  The doctor also did an ultrasound, and the baby looks great.  His/her photo is now on our fridge.  :)  (May or may not get posted here soon...)

Our biggest concern now (according to the doctor) is that I could develop cholestasis (which I had with Micah but didn't get with Halle).  At least we will know what symptoms to look for, and can address it much earlier than we did with Micah (it was really severe!).  So we would appreciate your prayers that I would not develop cholestasis this time.

Thank you so much for standing with us in prayer!  I felt about 100lbs lighter when we walked out of our appointment today!

With much love and gratitude,

Charisa

4 comments:

  1. Yahoo!! We've been praying for you daily! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the good news!!! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great news!!
    I'm very very HAPPY to hear that.
    Daniel is so happy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so happy to hear that! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete