Friday, March 23, 2012

in honour of Grandpa

My grandparents live in a small town up north.  Over the years they have made a big impact on their community, especially in things health-related, since my Grandpa invested many years as the ambulance unit chief and chairman of the hospital board, among other things.  This past weekend a dinner was held in honour of my grandpa and his years of service in the community.  We took it as a chance to call it a long-weekend and visit them.  Many other family members road-tripped to be there, and we all had a great weekend together.  Our trip in photos...

my wonderful Grandpa

Micah and his Bapa / Grandpa

Micah ate a lot of snow.  We warned him not to eat any yellow snow!

Micah and his Daddy

Grandma / Mamma with Halle

four generations of in-laws

Stew, my Grandpa (my mom's dad) and my Dad, with Micah and their huge snowman


pretty impressive, eh?
Micah's first day of tobogganing
He loved it.  What a thrill-seeker.  Even as a two-year-old.

my precious family with my wonderful grandparents

Grandpa and Grandma at the dinner

my Uncle Craig with Halle

Sarah and I had Grandma teach us her pattern for knit dishcloths

yay!  Grandma was a great teacher.

I think Uncle Craig and Micah adored each other... so sweet.

Halle fell asleep shortly after we set out on our Sunday afternoon family walk.

my Halle girl and her Great Grandma

4 comments:

  1. Such sweet and precious pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love the ones of Halle with her Great Grandma. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fabulous pictures Charisa! I love the ones of Mom with halle and Mom and Dad:) Yup, I have to agree with you - thinking Craig is pretty much hooked on Micah and Halle. So glad that you made the trip and made it home safely as well.

    ReplyDelete