I was in the midst of picking out clothes for the kids to wear today, when I was interrupted by a request to pray for Uncle Tom. Micah hollered "Amen!", then jumped up to "worship God"! Before I knew it, we were having ourselves a full-on church service in his bedroom. We'd stand up to sing "hallelujah", Micah would clap or bang his drumsticks together; when the song was done he'd tell me to sit and pray, and shout "Amen!". Every so often Halle would join in with a shout of praise. When we stood for singing and I led out with "Jesus Loves Me" he told me "No. Sing Hallelujah." Oops. After several rounds of worshiping and praying, Micah said "read Bible", and ran out of the room. He returned with not one, but two children's Bibles for us to read. And so it was that we had church this morning, in Micah's bedroom, all while he was wearing nothing but underwear...
...and an extra pair on his head.
Pure, simple faith . . . as it should be. If only we were all more like this!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so precious. Who says church has to be in a building? Micah has the love of Jesus in his heart, Hallelujah indeed!
ReplyDeleteYou and Stew are doing such an amazing job of raising your babies. I hope I can meet them soon! Miss you guys!
So incredibly precious!!!
ReplyDelete