I don't remember how or when it started, but somewhere along the way my Grandpa and I began the tradition of having root beer (or Coke) floats every time we have a visit. Whether we're visiting them up north, or they are down here visiting my parents, after a couple days Grandpa will look at me and say: "you know, I think we need to stop and buy some ice-cream." That evening he and I (or sometimes just he, now that I have babies to feed and care for), will serve up floats for the family.
I thought he did this with all his grandchildren, but as it turns out, it's just a special tradition shared by he and I.
Last night was floats with Grandpa night! What a treat... and a memory of Grandpa that I will always cherish, knowing that it was his special treat with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment