Sunday, July 10, 2011

a false alarm

Last night, instead of falling asleep at 10:15pm like I had hoped, I found myself counting contractions.  Not particularly painful, but definitely there.  And coming every 5 minutes.  Eventually I forced myself out of bed to check on the brochure the nurses gave me on early signs of preterm labour.  The brochure said to call the hospital if you had any uterine tightenings every 10 minutes or more often.  So I called.  And into the hospital we went, just before midnight.

Of course, as soon as I was up and moving around the contractions slowed down.  After the routine non-stress test at the hospital, and waiting to see the obstetrician (who started a c-section just after we arrived), it was determined that I wasn't dilated at all.  We were given the "all-clear" and sent home at 2:30am.  False alarm.

So I'm still waiting.  And it still could be anytime now.  But for now it seems Baby has a few more days to keep on growing.  Tomorrow I have an appointment with the OB, so hopefully after that we'll know more what to expect this next week or so.

In the meantime, today we celebrated that I am officially 33 weeks pregnant!  When I got up this morning Stew had made us breakfast, and he and Micah had been busy with some celebratory artwork.

"thanks for staying in bed!"

I would like to think that neither my nose nor my belly are that big, but it was very cute and thoughtful nonetheless!

"Thanks for every day, Mom.  Love Baby R"

This afternoon was another warm day, and we all ventured out to our back field to enjoy the weather.  I love my little family.

my belly is a growin'!

Micah's Aunties taught him how to wink!

I want to be just like my Daddy!

4 comments:

  1. Such great pictures!!!
    Auntie Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, your family is so cute! Glad to hear the little bun is in the oven for a while longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Happy 33 weeks to you. I hope for no more false contractions until the day really comes. Praying for you guys, and loving the updates. You've got some good boys there who obviously love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, love that your hubby and son are so good at encouraging you! Very sweet! And the picture are awesome! Especially love the one of Micah watching Stew do the handstand. :)

    ReplyDelete