From my spot on the couch I can see outside to this note that Stew drew in chalk a couple days ago on our retaining wall. I already blogged about it (here), but today I am finding it particularly encouraging to be reminded why I am sitting here, every time I look out the window.
(If you haven't been following our situation, you can read the first post about my pregnancy complications here.)
Yesterday I saw the obstetrician again for a check-up and to find out his plan for delivery. Baby is still looking good, and he seemed impressed that I'm still pregnant and free of infection after four weeks of having my water broke. (So thanks for praying!!)
I've known for a while now that if I don't go into labour on my own I will eventually be induced. The OB hasn't yet set a date, but it looks like it will be sometime at the end of next week. I will be about 34.5 weeks pregnant. However, after talking to the midwife, Stew and I have decided to ask the OB to consider letting us wait a few more days before the induction (depending on the risks involved). Every day baby can keep growing in utero will really help in keeping him/her out of the NICU. Given that, I'd say the induction could happen any time from July 20-29, depending how the baby is doing, and what consensus we all come to.
So as much as I'm eager to get off bedrest and back to some semblance of normal life, I know that another week or two will really benefit our baby, and give him/her more time to pack on the weight. And like I said, having that little reminder out my window is just the encouragement I need today.
You're welcome, Little One.

That message on the wall is so sweet. So glad to hear that baby is still in utero!
ReplyDelete