Sunday, June 26, 2011

still hanging in there

I'm still here.  Still pregnant.  Still just waiting.  Waiting for the baby to come; waiting to be sent back to the hospital at any time.  Just putting in my time, doing my best to stay infection-free and keep baby growing in utero for as long as possible.

I'm 31 weeks today, so it sounds like I have only three more weeks before induction.  Or less if I go into labour on my own.

We're doing okay.  Physically, I feel fine.  Emotionally, it's been quite a roller-coaster ride these past two weeks.  Some days are great, other days I feel so incredibly sick of it and just want a "normal" pregnancy.  But that's not going to happen this time around.  My last overnight hospital stay (this past Thursday) had me thinking "I'm staying in hospital and on bedrest, so hopefully our baby won't have to".  That's incentive enough to keep being obedient to the doctors and nurses and taking it easy.

Today I watched some clips online of babies in the NICU.  It was quite informative about what the various machines and tubes are for, but it really got me.  I haven't really let myself cry -- until now, seeing real footage of tiny babies covered in tubes and medical equipment.


Dear Lord, please help our baby to grow big and strong and healthy these next three weeks.  Give us grace for whatever comes our way.  We need You to carry us!

5 comments:

  1. charisa and stewart, have been praying for you and will continue doing so. Keep that little one in there as long as you can. Gods got you all, big and small n his loving hands. Stay strong friends.

    love ade

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you CR!
    let's set up a skype date (maybe it'll help pass time on bedrest :) ) and you can meet my little man!
    love CR (the original)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you and will walk with you! Daddeo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being on bedrest is no fun, but you are right, Charisa, being in a NICU is even less fun. So, keep resting my dear girl. Jesus, please keep the baby growing big and maturing lots in utero, for several more weeks! Thanks.

    Love you tons,
    Auntie Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charisa, you can do it!!! Your time resting on your couch is limited -- it won't last forever! Take it one day at a time, dear friend, and you will soon have your sweet babe in your arms. God will give you enough strength for each and every day. I love you and I am always praying for you.

    Love Ashley

    ReplyDelete