Remember the post I wrote a few weeks ago about the reality of life here in West Africa?
Well, all of that has really been wearing on us. Add on the fact that I am struggling with depression again (may as well through that out there)... and well, it's proved to be a little too much for us to handle on an ongoing basis. On the advice of some of the important people in our lives, we've decided to return to Canada in just a few weeks. We've known this for a little while now, but we wanted to make sure the details were in place before we spread the news too much, and then there is the issue of who-needs-to-know-and-in-what-order. As for you, my bloggy friends, hate to break it to you, but you weren't quite at the top of the list! Shocking, I know.
So now the countdown is on! Only about three weeks to go. And much to do! We are once again living in transition. Thankfully we were able to get our flights switched without too much difficulty, and best of all, for a good price. Praise the Lord! Now we just need to find somewhere to live... which is proving to be slightly more complicated. I keep wondering if the home we are looking for actually even exists, or if we are being too specific in what we want. But we are planning to stay with our families for the first few days/weeks we are home, so we still have some time to find the right place. I guess we will wait and see!
We are very much looking forward to catching up with friends and family when we return!
Gods blessings through your transition. will be praying for you three.
ReplyDeleteCharisa, I also came back from Africa several months early (due to my mom's illness) and it was totally the right decision. So glad you were able to get good flights and we'll be praying for you guys as you prepare for your life back here!
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys, Charisa! Thanks for being so honest!
ReplyDelete