Wednesday, March 30, 2011

baby's first photo

Today we went for our first ultrasound, at 18.5 weeks.  It was very different from an ultrasound in Canada.  I was very happy that we were still able to see the screen and hear our baby's heartbeat.  But unlike in Canada, where the tech generally tells you very little, the technician here gave us updates as he went along.  "No down syndrome.  No spina bifida.  No cleft palate.  Heatbeat is good..."  It seems that our little baby is doing well. 

After a few minutes, we had our friend Shari come in with Micah, for them both to see the screen.  Micah freaked out.  I think he was scared for me - lying on a table beside a big machine.  It took a little while, but he did calm down eventually, but he definitely didn't understand what was going on.

When we left the lab, the technician gave us a full print-out of the report with all the photos.  Enjoy!

side profile

baby's foot

woosh, woosh, woosh

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm soo excited! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would personally prefer the radiologists to be straight forward like that... but I guess some people in North America would find out their baby has a problem and ...end the pregnancy, which breaks my heart. But it's so good to see your sweet baby. Will they also tell you flat out if it's a girl or boy? Or do you want to know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will very happily tell you the gender, but we asked him not to tell. We want to wait until the baby is born. :)

    ReplyDelete