Thursday, September 30, 2010

oh mosquito nets


Micah sleeps under a mosquito net here. It's mildly annoying, but hey, Micah has very few mosquito bites, so it seems worth it.

Stew and I haven't been sleeping under one, and of course, Stewart is basically bite-free. Meanwhile, I'm being eaten alive! Each day I wake up and can count the number of bites I got in the night. "I only had 5 on my right arm last night, now I have 12!!" It's getting bad. Especially since not only do mosquitoes bite, but also carry malaria. We take anti-malarials, but still, it's best to avoid mosquitoes as much as possible. We've been talking about getting a mosquito net since Sunday, and we've looked a couple places, but being new here, were not too sure where to look. It looks like today is finally the big day! I've been told it's annoying to sleep under a net, but I'm actually kind of excited about it. It seems so "African"!

4 comments:

  1. We slept under nets when we were in Guyana in January and the only thing I found annoying about it was tucking it in once in bed. And they don't breath overly well...however it keeps everything off your bed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a net is a MUST!!!! we don't tuck ours in because it falls straight down the side of the mattress and touches the floor, so we never get mosquitoes inside. it's not a hassle at all. i don't think we've slept a night in africa without a net! glad you're getting one today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see he's sleeping in this picture! How's that going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please get those nets!
    Auntie Laurie

    ReplyDelete