Wednesday, September 15, 2010

counting and clinging

We're back from our holiday, and leaving for Africa in just a few short days. It was wonderful to have a relaxing time away before our move, but it also meant that we arrived home last Saturday to the realization that we leave in about one week. Thankfully we're already moved out of our house, so the list of things that need to get done this week isn't as long as it could be. And we're staying with family, so we're getting a little spoiled, but somehow, this time of transition is still hard.

Having moved lots, and even moved overseas before, I knew this would be hard. But somehow it still is. It's hard not having my own home!! I miss silly things like using our cloth diapers, the cozy smallness of our house, and the routine that marked our days. I know I just have to be patient. It won't be long before we're settled in over there, and it will feel like home. And we will have some sort of routine again, eventually. I just am missing the stability of our old life.

Stewart shared some verses with me this morning that the Lord used to speak to me (and reprimand me!), in the midst of today.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
-Philippians 4:4-7, ESV

So today, as I check things off my to-do list, I'm counting down. Not only until we leave, but until we arrive and are settled in our new home. I'm also clinging--to Jesus. He must be my stability in this time of transition and instability of our external circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. Will be praying for you, as you say good-bye, and as you start your life in your new country!

    ReplyDelete