And yes, it seems that almost all cloth diaper brands end with an "ee" sound. Lovely.
I somehow failed to mention that we also have two Thirsties diaper covers. They are the same type of product as the Bummis Super Brites. They work well for us, but when I have both a Bummis and a Thirsties cover within reach, I usually go for the Bummis first. The Bummis seem to fit Micah a bit more snugly, while the Thirsties are fairly roomy, and give him a bit of a (really cute) plumber butt. (Both are size medium, but I don't know offhand where Micah falls in the size range.) But who knows? Maybe as he gets bigger, we'll prefer the Thirsties.
Both Bummis and Thirsties are made in North America, which also makes me happy.
All in all, they both do a great job, and leaks are few and far between (and only happen because I've waited too long between changes... my fault, not the diaper!). And can I say that I really appreciate that the velcro tabs fold over to stick to themselves (and not everything else) in the wash? Great feature of both brands.
UPDATE (Feb 5/2011): After several months of use, I have to say that the velcro on the Bummis is in great condition, while the Thirsties velcro is not holding out so well. It still stays fastened, for sure, but the velcro has gone all fuzzy and the tabs have come apart into two layers. So I'd say it's worth going with Bummis diaper covers, in my humble opinion. :) Or Motherease. Those covers have also help up really well, even considering that I bought them used.
Just want to encourage any of you who are trying to decide between cloth diapers and disposables - cloth are really quite easy and save so much money, and so much earth!
ReplyDeleteKudos to you for doing cloth Charisa - they are well worth it! Neither of our kids ever had a diaper rash. We even used cloth when camping most of the time!