For the first time in many years, I feel settled. Stew and I have lived in our house (or part of a house, really) for over a year and half. It's the longest I've lived in any one place since I was in grade 10! By a long shot. Until now, the longest I had lived in any one place was 8 months. Now I'm going on 19 months here!
But, give us two more months, and we'll be uprooting again and moving on. It's a good move. We're really looking forward to it. Again, it will involve packing suitcases and getting on an airplane, rather than packing boxes and renting a u-haul. But it smells of adventure. And we like adventure. Even if some people think we're a little crazy, moving half-way around the world with a baby. Maybe we are a little crazy. Probably. We're okay with that.
Stew and I don't want to stay here in North America and live a comfortable life. We weren't built for that. We're not just "built for adventure" either, though. Rather, we were made for a purpose. And part of that purpose involves lots of moving around, travel, living uncomfortably sometimes, and risking it all. We're living for Jesus. And He has called us to shine our lights elsewhere. And in this season of life, that means moving to Africa.
So I'm back at it -- packing boxes, that is. And writing lists, booking flights, writing newsletters, stocking up on things that we won't be able to get in Africa. Lots of planning and strategizing. It's what I do best. :)
It may seem a little early to be packing our house - two months ahead of time. But life with Micah is busy! And there are many things we don't need now; things that out of season, or we only use occasionally. So into boxes they go! Stewart's parents have graciously offered for us to store our stuff at their house, which means we can transfer things into storage a few boxes at time. It means less packing to do at the very end, and a little more room in this tiny house of ours. And I can pack a box whenever I have a few minutes with a happy Micah. Like now -- naptime!
What a courageous adventure... And such a wonderful reminder to be obedient to our Father, wherever that may lead us :)
ReplyDelete