Monday, June 21, 2010

who took away my high-need baby and gave me this angel?

It seems that I blinked and suddenly my high-need "entertain-me-or-I-will-cry" baby was gone, and replaced with a "I-can-sit-up-and-play-all-on-my-own-thank-you" sort of baby.

I love it.

He actually plays. On his own. For long periods of time. Okay, at least comparatively long periods of time. Like fifteen to twenty minutes. Which seems like forever.

Did I mention that I love it? My life has been transformed. I made cookies this week for the first time since Micah was born. Because I actually had the time, with my son very entertained, sitting in his high-chair eating pears. Wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! So happy for you. I tried to tell you that this glorious day was coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just you wait until they are 5 1/2 and the neediness will return, it will be different and fun but still very very VERY demanding. he he

    ReplyDelete