Monday, March 22, 2010

just being ME

I received a loving rebuke just now. From Jesus. Via the ladies at the girltalk blog.

It's so easy to look at other young moms and think "wow, they really have it all together". Or "wow, they are soooo creative and artistic". Or "they are such a good mom". Rather than simply appreciating how amazing my friends are, I compare myself and somehow in my mind, I never measure up.

I will never be as creative, artistic, talented, (etc!) as my friends, because I am not them! I am ME. I have different gifts. Sometimes I just need a gentle rebuke that me is good. I don't have to be like others. I am not others. I am ME. And Jesus didn't give me all the same gifts as He gave my friends. I need to be thankful for the gifts He has given ME. I need to spend more time being ME, and becoming a better ME, and stop trying to be just like YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment