FAST from tv, secular radio, music, women’s magazines, romance novels, etc... anything that is a source of false messages regarding womanhood and biblical femininity.
READ the books of Proverbs, Ruth, and Esther - repeatedly. Keep a pen, highlighter, and notebook handy, and STUDY these books.
Do this for TWO WEEKS.
I’ve decided to commit myself to doing this. However, being realistic, having a new baby means that I will listen to these books (audio Bible), more than read them. But still I will do my best to take notes and make observations.
Why am I telling you this?
First, because I need some accountability. If I just do this without telling anyone, my plans will probably fail. Second, I’m hoping some of you will join me!
So here’s the deal: if you decide to take the renewing of the mind challenge, leave a comment to let me know. Then, at the end of the two weeks, I’ll post again, and you’ll have a chance to leave a comment again, letting us all know about your progress and any observations you have, etc. And of course, if you’d rather, you can comment anonymously.
Let’s make the official start date tomorrow, February 4, and we’ll end on February 17. I’ll do my best to post with my observations the next day, February 18.
Dear Heavenly Father,
I ask that you will prompt those whom you want to be a part of this. Use this time of focused study to open our eyes to Your will for our lives as women. Grow our understanding of biblical femininity and how You want us to live. Guide us in Your truth.
In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen!
I'm in. Totally looking forward to seeing in what way it will be life changing . . .
ReplyDeleteI'm in too! But starting a day late because I just read your post. :)
ReplyDelete