On Tuesday of this week, I was out for lunch with Stew's sisters and Mom when I got a phone call. It was Stew, and I could tell immediately that something was wrong. "I cut my knee with the skill saw" he told me. Yikes! After I got off the phone, the ladies and I prayed together for Stew, and Micah and I left.
I ended up leaving Micah back with Stew's Mom for the afternoon, and I headed to the hospital (at the other end of the city). It turned out that Stew hit his patella (knee bone) with the skillsaw, and thus avoided hitting any tendons or muscles!! They did an x-ray to make sure the bone was okay, and sewed up his wound with nine stitches. But thankfully, he did fairly minor damage. If the cut was only about an inch or two lower, it would have trashed his leg. Praise God that Stewart is okay!!
He is now off work for around two weeks (maybe more) while it heals. Below is a picture of his wound, all stitched up. I did see it while it was open and gaping, and it was a nasty sight!! This is still gross, but infintely better than the original wound!
Owwwwwieee!! Yikes! That looks really really bad! But praise the Lord it isn't! Wow, that's pretty awesome how God is taking care of your family!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like someone was playing a stitching game with his knee - good thing he cut it where he did! Praying it heals quickly and well! Auntie Coke
ReplyDeleteMy man dislocated his knee on Friday. He's off work for a few days at least. Glad Stewart is ok, and that it wasn't any worse.
ReplyDeleteAndrea