I went to see the midwife yesterday afternoon. I've officially gained a whopping 30 lbs so far!!! Crazy. Thankfully it's mostly in my belly. It makes for a very heavy belly. Phew.
I actually didn't plan on writing a post about my weight gain, so let me quickly carry on so you'll forget that I just wrote that.
I talked to the midwife about the "I'm-probably-getting-induced-soon-and-would-much-rather-go-into-labour-naturally" situation. Can I say that I love my midwife?! She understands. She explained to me a bit more in-depth what will happen if I am induced, as in how long it takes, who will be present (OB vs midwife), etc. Then she gave me a recipe for "Augmentation Tea". I'm supposed to make a 1 litre pot of this stuff and drink the whole thing today. And do it again tomorrow. It's not intended to put me into labour necessarily (although no complaints if it does!), but to help my body get ready for the big event, making induction hopefully less likely. I just hope this "tea" doesn't taste awful, because I have a lot of it to consume over the next week or so. (I'm supposed to drink it two days on, two days off until I see her again.)
Off to make my special brew!
Oh, but before you go, I would definitely appreciate it if you would send up a little prayer on my behalf - that I would go into labour naturally sometime in the next week and half! Thanks!!
Hope that tea works better for you than that red raspberry leaf did for me with Eva!
ReplyDeleteMuch love and prayers to you! You will do great in labour and be a terrific mommy! Can't wait.
Count me in as one praying!
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Auntie Laurie
I'll be praying for the arrival of a healthy baby with a healthy mommy! - Candice
ReplyDeletePrayin'
ReplyDeleteAmy
Definitely praying!
ReplyDeletewhat is in "augmentation tea" just so I don't have to be worried..
ReplyDelete