Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Our Little Summer "Holiday"

As most of you know by now, Stew and I took off for almost 2 weeks at the end of August/early September to Northern BC. Stew spent his days working for my uncle, and I enjoyed time with my extended family. It was a really nice time away -- good to see family, have a bit of a holiday together, and just a nice change of scenery and pace of life.

Here are a few last pictures of our time away up North.





Now we're back to the grind; if you can call it that. Stew is in school 2 days a week, and working 3 days a week (when there is work for him to do!), while I am enjoying life as a "homemaker". I have decided that I would much rather be considered a homemaker than simply unemployed. The term homemaker indicates (accurately) that I am working at home - cooking, cleaning, and helping my husband in other ways too. Whereas, I tend to think that unemployed just sounds a bit lazy -- at least since I'm not looking for work. And I will happily take up the title "stay-at-home-Mom", but that's not fully accurate until I give birth to this little one, who for now just wiggles around inside of me. (And trust me, he/she does a LOT of wiggling!)

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see both of you this summer! Can't wait until that wiggly little person inside of you decides to show up - not that I want him/her to come early - just looking forward to the arrival!
    Love, Auntie Coke

    ReplyDelete