Thursday, July 16, 2009

a cute foot & answered prayers

[written on Wednesday, posted on Thursday]

Yesterday was the big day. We had the detailed ultrasound, and knew that it would likely reveal whether my body was preparing for labour, or not. Well, great news! The ultrasound technician/specialist said that my body “has a lot of work to do” before I have the baby! This is such, such good news.

She also measured the baby in detail. She printed off a picture for us of our baby’s adorable little foot. It’s actually already 3.5cm long! And no, our baby isn’t a big foot! Apparently at this age it is normal for the baby’s feet to be disproportionately big for it’s body size.


Today we went to see the obstetrician (OB), and hear what he had to say about the test results. He said that I don’t need to have the surgery (!!) and that he now considers me to have a low-risk pregnancy. He also said that I no longer need to see him - I only need to keep seeing the midwife. We are so thrilled with this news!!

I will go back to have another detailed ultrasound in 3 weeks, just to be sure that my body is still not preparing for labour. As long as those results are good, the ultrasound specialist said that she won’t need to see me again, either!

The doctors haven’t ruled out the possibility of having the baby early (pre-term), but it seems that for now, labour isn’t imminent (or even enough of a concern to keep seeing the OB). And I know that by the grace of God, it is possible to give birth to a healthy, strong baby, no matter how early (or late) he/she is born!

I cannot thank you enough for your prayers!!! I know this is really the hand of God at work! We are so blessed to have so many friends and family praying for us and our tiny baby. Please keep praying that my pregnancy will continue to go well, and continue to be low-risk. Please join me in praying that whenever our baby is born, that he/she will be healthy and strong. And praise our great God for this good news of a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby so far!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Hallelujah Jesus! (Clap, clap)! Such incredibly good news. Yes, we are grateful to God and we will continue to pray for a strong healthy baby to be born at full term!
    Looking forward to seeing you.
    Love,
    Auntie Laurie
    P.S. Sarah arrives home tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charisa,
    Praise Jesus! Thank you so much for posting an update. You have been in my thoughts and prayers so much these past few days. All I can say is God is so very good!
    Love S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, praise Jesus! Praying the rest of your pregnancy is "uneventful! :)

    ReplyDelete